How to set custom image as your Xbox One or Series X
Xbox One and Xbox Series X have offered for a long time the ability to set your own background image using colors or achievement art. However, it’s also possible for you to set your own custom image, which could be anything from a background you found online or a picture from your last trip.
In this guide, you’ll learn the steps to set any image as a background on your Xbox One and Xbox Series X (and Series S) dashboard.
Custom image as your Xbox One or Series X
To set a custom background image on Xbox One or Xbox Series X, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Select the General tab.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on My color & background.
- Click on Custom image.
- Connect a USB flash drive with an image (or locate the network folder).
- Select the flash drive from the left navigation pane.
- Select the custom background image and press the A button.
- (Optional) Use the Transparency slider to change the tile settings to make them more transparent so you can see more of the custom background.
- (Optional) Click the My color option to select a color scheme that matches the new background.
Once you complete the steps, the home dashboard should not reflect the new custom background you selected.