How to Recall an Email in Outlook
Have you ever been experienced an annoying feeling caused due to a premature click and the unfinished email is on the way to your colleague before you really know it? Well, it’s not the end of the world for the case of Outlook users. The Microsoft email client offers a feature to recall as well as replace an email message.
This is a perfect option for you when you have already sent a mail with accidentally spelled a wrong name or forgot to add to your attachment. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to recall an email in Outlook. So let’s get it into the theme without wasting your time.
Requirements for Recalling an Email in Outlook
In Microsoft Outlook you can recall an e-mail or even can be replaced with a new e-mail from the recipient’s inbox as long as the below conditions are met:
- Both you and your recipient use a Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft 365 account within the same organization.
- There must be a connection between email programs of both with the Microsoft Exchange server.
- The recipient has not yet opened the e-mail or the message is unread in the inbox.
Note: Recall will not work on the web-based version of Outlook and they are only applicable to desktop clients. Also, it will not work with recipient email addresses that are outside of the sender’s organization. You may also note that this cannot be done if your account is MAPI or POP.
Recall an Email in Outlook
- Click on the Sent Items which is seen on the left side of the Microsoft Outlook window.
2. You can choose now the email that has to be recalled and click twice on the message so that it will be opened in a separate window.
3. On the tab of messages, click on Recall This Message after selecting from the Actions dropdown.
4. You will see a new pop-up window on the screen having two different options to follow:
a. Delete unread copies of this message – You can choose this option if you need to recall the sent message.
b. Delete unread copies and replace with a new message – You can go with this option if your intention is to replace the message.
5. You can select a check box Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient to notify you by the Outlook if the process succeeds or fails.
6. Continue the process by clicking on the OK button.
7. If you select Delete unread copies and replace with a new message, then you can modify the original message now.
8. After the modification click on the Send button. The modified message will be replaced at the original and also the same will be deleted from the receiver’s inbox.
9. In the end, you will receive a notification message from Outlook that states whether the process recall or replace become successful or not.
Delay Your Emails
If you are the kind of person who constantly sends emails or confidential data from side to side, you cannot ignore the chances of slipups. Sending an incorrect email to your boss or colleagues makes you fruitless and embarrassing. Although, recalling an email in Outlook might save you it’s better to schedule or delay your emails to be sent to make you relax and comfortable.
You can very easily set up this for all your outlook emails and it will start delaying your emails so that you will get more time to identify the errors and correct them before it lands on your recipient’s inbox.
Recall Your Incorrect Emails and Be Stress-free
This article helps you to become more productive and we are sure that most of you might not be knowing how to recall an email in Outlook. Thanks to Microsoft Outlook as it provides this stunning built-in feature that stops the recipient to see your incomplete or bad emails. Follow our above-presented step-by-step guide to successfully perform the recalling of emails. Do let us know your doubts in the comment section.