How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat – In an attempt to attract budding creators, Snapchat expanded its public profile feature to everyone in late 2020. The feature gives users a chance to grow their following on the platform and reach a wider audience. If you are a creator who has plans to start posting regularly on Snapchat, here’s how you can switch to a public profile in three easy steps. Apart from the process, we have explained what exactly are the public accounts on Snapchats and listed the criteria to get one. So without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Create and Manage Make a Public Profile (2022)
What is a Public Profile in Snapchat?
As the name suggests, a public profile in Snapchat helps widen the reach of your account. With a public profile, you can add a photo, bio, description, location, Stories, and Lenses to your profile. Moreover, other Snapchat users can subscribe to your profile. Yeah, you will see a separate subscriber count on your profile apart from the friends you have added on Snapchat.
Also, a public profile grants users access to “a unique set of profile features” to showcase your creativity and find many new fans for your content, as per the company’s support page.
Public profiles were previously limited to select verified creators, but the company has since opened the feature to everyone. Snapchat still has a “Creator Account” type for established creators, and it has a few eligibility criteria, including the fact that you need to have at least 100 subscribers, a week-old account, and a friend.
Requirements to Get a Snapchat Public Profile
Here are a few essential requirements that you need to fulfill before you get started with creating your public profile on Snapchat:
- The most basic and important prerequisite to making a public profile is that you need to be 18 years and older to opt-in for this feature.
- Should be a Snapchat user for more than 24 hours
- You need to have at least 1 bi-directional friend, which means you and your friend have sent each other a friend request and accepted it. At least have one friend on Snapchat to make a public profile.
- You also need to adhere to the company’s Community Guidelines, which is but obvious.
How to Create Snapchat Public Profile
1. Open the Snapchat app and tap the Bitmoji icon at the top-left corner of the screen. When your profile opens, tap the horizontal three dots menu next to “Add to Spotlight” under the “Spotlight & Snap Map” section.
2. From the pop-up that appears, select “Create Public Profile” and tap “Continue” on the onboarding screen.
3. Now, tap on “Get Started” and hit “Create” from the confirmation banner. The banner highlights that your name will be shown on all your Snaps you post to Spotlight or Snap Map. Your Lenses will also appear on your public profile.
4. You are now all set. You can access your public profile under the “Public Profiles” section. Opening the “My Public Profile” section shows you the Stories and Spotlight tabs, as seen in the screenshot below.
How to Delete Snapchat Public Profile
If you are no longer interested in keeping your public profile on Snapchat, you can choose to delete it. To do that, follow the steps below:
1. First up, open your profile by pressing your Bitmoji icon at the top left corner of the screen. Then, move to “My Public Profile”. Here, you need to tap the Settings gear icon at the top-right corner.
2. From your profile settings page, tap “Delete Public Profile” at the bottom of the screen and hit “Delete” in the confirmation prompt. And that’s it. You will successfully delete your public account on this ephemeral messaging platform.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Why can’t I create a public profile on Snapchat?
There are a few essential requirements that you need to meet before you can create a public profile on Snapchat. You can’t make a Snapchat public profile if you are less than 18 years of age, have had Snapchat for less than 24 hours, have less than 1 bi-directional friend (you follow each other), or you do not adhere to the community guidelines.
Q. Is Snapchat subscriber count visible to the public?
While you can view your subscriber count from the moment you create a public profile, it will only appear to the public once you hit 100,000 subscribers on Snapchat. The subscriber count will automatically appear on your public profile, but you will get an option to toggle off/ on its visibility.
Q. Can someone see if I view their public profile on Snapchat?
The answer is no. When you open someone’s Snapchat profile to check their username, subscriber count, lenses, or old Stories, then the user is not notified. You can easily navigate around their profile and its content at your own pace without having to worry about being called out for it.
Switch to Public Profile on Snapchat
Converting your Snapchat account to a public profile has its own set of benefits and helps improve your discoverability and engagement. If you’re someone who had a hard time figuring out how to make your Snapchat account public, we hope this article helped you in the process. In case you’re new to Snapchat, do not forget to check out our guides on changing the Snapchat username and deleting your Snapchat account.